Meeting Minutes 12.11.2018

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Thank you to Dr. Heidi Hammond!

  • Thank you for serving as SGO’s Faculty Advisor since 2011!

Welcome/Introductions

Congratulations to December 2018 Graduates!

  • Sign cards that are circulating

Open Forum

  • What do you want to talk about?

Financials

  • Treasury update -Trish
    • Current balance —>  $883.45 (approximate)

SGO Leadership for Spring 2019

  • Communications Officer – Aubrey Mullenix
  • Treasurer – Rachel Farnham

SGO Constitution Revision Committee Update

  • Looking for new members to revise the constitution in Spring 2019– let Kait know if you’re interested.
    • Kait will send an email to students inviting anyone to participate

Student Groups : updates, events, requests

  • ALA – Laura Gingras
    • Did not meet since last SGO meeting
    • Planning to meet in January 2019
  • SLA – Janis Shearer
    • Gathering donations for Holiday Party & Silent Auction on 1/28/2019
      • RSVP via this link
    • Planning library tour & happy hour for spring 2019
    • Will continue to meet on Thursdays in spring 2019
  • SAA – Trish Vaillancourt
    • End of Semester Trivia Night will be 12/18/18
      • At Joe & Stan’s –> 949 – 7th St W at 8pm
    • Tour went well
  • PLG – Salie Olson
    • Had last meeting & potluck on 12/4/18
    • Planning to meeting in January 2019
    • Planning a book packing event & panel events for spring 2019
    • Planning a “de-escalation in the library” event/training

Topics

  • Graduate Reception Update
    • RSVP to SGO if you haven’t!
    • Janis & Kallie will draft a program
  • LIS Mixer Update – Kallie Schell, Events Coordinator
    • Kallie cannot attend – who can help out that night?
    • Looking for 2 volunteers to help set-up 15 minutes early on 2/11 @ 515pm
      • Salie O. & Kait W. have volunteered!
    • There will be a raffle for student membership to SLA (a $50 value)
  • Program meeting
    • Recent survey
      • Graduates in 2017 – salaries have decreased (from $62k to $46k) while placements have increased to 76% from 70%

Committees Reports

  • Kait will send out an email about openings for student volunteers
  • Standard I “Systematic Planning” – Edward Malnar (Faculty Chair is Dr. Lim)
    • Edward contacted SGO by email – there is no new news
    • Need a new student representative in Spring 2019
  • Standard II “Curriculum”–Diane Lochner (Faculty Chair is Dr. Yukawa)
    • No update
    • Need a new student representative in Spring 2019
  • Standard III “Faculty” – Lindsey Whipple (Faculty Chair is Dr. Dahlen)
    • There will be no meetings during Fall 2018.
  • Standard IV “Students” – Trish Vaillancourt (Faculty Chair is Dr. Lesniaski)
    • No update
    • Need a new student representative in Spring 2019
  • Standard  V “Facilities” – Mary Pukenis (Faculty Chair is Dr. Ross)
    • No update

Questions? Comments?

  • St. Kate’s Minneapolis Campus Library is hiring! See Handshake

 

Attendees: Kallie,  Laura,  Salie,  Deb E.,  Rachel,  Aubrey,  Janis,  Trish & Kait

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s