Meeting Minutes 4.4.2018

Welcome/Introductions – 5 minutes

Open Forum – 1-10 minutes

  • What do you want to talk about?

SGO Constitution – Emergency Vote to Revise, Provisions

  • Emergency vote to change SGO constitution to allow for electronic voting
    • Motion passed 11:1
    • A meeting will be scheduled to ratify this decision
  • Provisionally add Event Coordinator and Peer-to-peer Mentor Program Coordinator to the constitution and ballot.

SGO Leadership Nominee Announcement for AY 2018-19

Nominees: Full list of nominee statements here

In the event that the previous constitutional motion does not pass, elections will be determined by an in-person vote as stated in the current constitution.

  • Chair
    • Kaitlin Wolfe
    • Mary Pukenis
  • Communications Officer
  • Treasurer
    • Trish Vaillancourt
  • Event Planning/LIS Community Mixer
    • Cydnee Peterson
    • Kallie Schell
  • Peer-to-peer Mentor Program Coordinator
    • Ann Arntson
    • Cydnee Peterson
    • Kallie Schell

SGO Constitution Revision Committee Update – 2 minutes

  • Committee is making suggestions on existing Constitution
  • Hope to have revisions ready to present at May meeting
  • Are down one committee member, is there is anyone with this experience & has availability, please let us know
    • Thank you Lindsey Whipple volunteering!
    • We will investigate including financials

Financials – 3 minutes

  • Treasury update -Trish
    • Current balance, approved disbursements, etc. $3,096.22
    • Rachel Canoun $200 for AIIP
    • Margaret Brown $175 for ALA (waiting on receipts)

Student Groups : updates, events, requests – 5-10 minutes

  • ALA – Laura Gingras
    • Fundraiser will begin next week! Visit Chipotle on Ford Parkway on Tuesday after 5pm and mention ALASC and the group could receive 50% of proceeds
    • WAY Beyond Stonewall Event – Friday 4/6 @ 6pm in Recital Hall
    • National Library Week begins April 8, and the group will be tabling in the Library on Monday & Thursday, volunteer between 1130am-130pm if you can
    • Next meeting Wednesday, April 18 in CdC 17
  • SLA – Janis Shearer
    • Visit our blog for updates!
    • SLA-MN will hold a free event open to students on April 19 from 530-730pm at O’Gara’s. Register via this link!
    • Elections next week!
    • Next meeting Thursday April 12 @515pm in CdC 20
  • SAA – Deb Eschweiler
    • Elections ongoing & will end Sunday, April 8
    • Next meeting on Monday April 9 @ 530pm in CdC 20
    • Jobseekers Panel event at 6pm in CdC 20
    • NW Airlines Museum Tour happened this past Monday
  • PLG – Sallie Olson
    • Unions Panel on April 16 @ 630pm in CdC 361

Topics

  • Campus Integration – how will student centered space be impacted?
    • Emily Asch, St. Kate’s Library Director, is open to meeting regarding library space
    • Communicating in writing with Dean of Students, Provost, would be powerful
  • Cloud Library film – update from Esther Jones and/or GSAB rep(s)
    • Film DVD was purchased by the library and added to the collection
    • We will ask Esther if she has an update for the May meeting
  • Attend a Brown Bag Lunch on May 5 & hear Trish V’s data visualization presentation
  • Heather Carroll, SGO Co-chair, stepped down from her role with SGO at this meeting

Committees Reports – 5 minutes

  • Standard I “Systematic Planning” – Edward Malnar (Faculty Chair is Dr. Lim)
    • Employer & alumni surveys: What to measure
    • Working on the surveys
  • Standard II “Curriculum”–Diane Lochner (Faculty Chair is Dr. Yukawa)
    • No report
  • Standard III “Faculty” – Seeking new rep (Faculty Chair is Dr. Dahlen)
    • Who will be the faculty chair for fall 2018?
    • The Faculty Development Committee, chaired by Dr. Sarah Dahlen, is charged with supporting faculty in teaching, research, and service. Some of their activities include maintaining the Faculty Handbook, planning the annual adjunct dinner, and facilitating an MLIS faculty and staff coffee hour about once a month.
    • No report
  • Standard IV “Students” – Seeking new rep (Faculty Chair is Dr. Lesniaski)
    • No report
  • Standard  V “Facilities” – Mary Pukenis (Faculty Chair is Dr. Ross)
    • Finalizing charge & goals
    • Researching 360 review & documentation

Questions? Comments?

Attendees:

Janis

Deb E

Heather C

Laura G

Lauren C

Trish V

Mary P

Jennifer R

Dan S

Alyson G

Lindsey W

Kallie S

Heidi H

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s