Meeting Minutes 9/15/16

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Welcome/Introductions

Financials

  • Funding Approvals
    • Zetta Elliot funding is for a $600 honorarium, not expenses. Re-approve?
  • Treasury update – Allison Current
    • $8,080.03 → $8,326.15 (before tonight’s funding approvals)
    • Allison reach to students and get receipts
  • Student Reimbursement Changes
    • At our summer meeting, considered the possibility of a per-semester funding cap of semester stipend + $1,000. It would be first come, first serve for students seeking funding.
    • For future officers, will suggest a cushion of $2,000 and only spending up to the amount of that semester’s stipend.
    • Sounds reasonable
  • SGO: Putting the “Fun” In “Funding” (Funding Information Session)
    • Monday, October 17, 6:00pm in CdC 20
    • We’ll be covering how to apply for funding, how much you can get, and what you can do with it, as well as where our money comes from, how much we get, and how it gets distributed.
    • There will be $nack$! You should come!

Reaching Out To Online MLIS Students

  • Tasha received one email from online student about interest in getting involved in our program/our professional development activities.
  • Brainstormed ideas as to how to reach out to online MLIS students. Tasha will ask around at MLA.
  • Listervs for online MLIS programs?
  • Regs prevent us from having online students be members of our student orgs? – Check in with student group coordinator for ALA
  • Restrict to online students who live in MN?
  • Reach out to online student program heads and let them know about us, reach out that way. Get the newsletter. Stuff like SAA Archivist’s panel. Include literature about benefit to students – professional development, networking.
  • MCTC Library Tech program.

Student Groups

  • ALA – Tasha McLachlan
    • Just had first meeting and had introductions
    • Laid out why ALA is important, importance of involvement at national, local and student chapter level
    • Joining MLA is super cheap, bundle with ALA, cheaper entrance to conference coming up in Sept
  • SLA – Sarah Larsen & Katelyn Torell
    • Had first meeting last week, talked about plans for the year
    • Lots of interest in a panel and a tour
    • Interest in Historical Society Library, working with SAA on that; possible music library
  • SAA – Kristell Benson
    • Had first meeting last week (actually met throughout summer)
    • New WordPress site! includes meeting minutes
    • Archives panel on October 10, 6-8pm in Whitby 121
      • Four different archives professionals. Open to everyone – applies to everyone
      • Last one was great
    • Is there onsite instruction for archives projects you do? Digitizing the WARM Journal right now. Cataloging right now.
    • Have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, a listserv, and a blog. Lots of ways to get involved!
    • Classic film-showing party at the end of the semester
    • October 5th is Ask An Archivist Day! #AskAnArchivist
    • Toured the St. Kate’s Archives as a welcome-back event. Saw a WWII sanitation toilet. Kristell: “pretty gross.” Hoping to do a similar event at the beginning of every year, get new students involved.
  • PLG – Salie Olson
    • Still getting things started, in coordination with Prof. Lesniaski.
    • Little Free Libraries are doing well!
    • Extra stack of books in CdC 17.

Committees

  • Faculty Development – Antonio Backman
  • Student Services – Wendy Dickman
  • Facilities – Kristell Benson
  • Curriculum – Deb Eschweiler
    • Curriculum survey sent out to stakeholders – receiving feedback on new SLOs. Take it!
    • Response rate has been about 33%
    • Faculty will meet 4x throughout semester to discuss and discuss changes
    • Will also discuss possibility of transferring credits during program
  • Program – Samantha Stepp
    • Introduced new employees – Toyin and Janis
    • Technology agenda items from Toyin – relevant to students was the piece about the Macbook Pros in CdC 5: anyone who logs in is set up as an Administrator, which is a problem because IT wants different levels of security for students and professors, don’t want students going in and changing settings on the machines. However, some professors want students to be able to download programs during class (e.g., Makerspaces). Ended in professor-favored stalemate.
  • GSAB update – Allison Current, Deb Eschweiler, Janis Shearer

Open Forum

What do you want to talk about? Anything we want student reps to tell committees?

Ebooks – picked up card with code. $50 through St. Kate’s Bookstore but only $28 through publisher. Third party between bookstore and publisher. Library open-source texts a solution?

7160 Leadership

Brainstorm ways to reach out to professors and let you know.

Questions? Comments?

Meeting Minutes 5/3/16

  • Welcome/Introductions
  • Funding Approvals
    • Should check wording of “professional development”
    • Dr. Dahlen’s request approved
  • Treasury update – Allison Current
    • $10,284.41 → $8,080.03
    • Give back to GSAB general fund? Will give $250.
  • Elections & meetings next fall
    • No new nominations, so Chair, Treasurer and Communications Officer will remain the same for the 2016-2017 school year (all have said they will do again).
    • Meetings next fall – SGO board will gather sometime in August to plan, and Heidi.
    • Next year, start a month earlier for elections (March).
  • Graduate reception
    • Monday, May 16 @ 6:30 – 8:00pm in CdC 401
    • All are encouraged to attend! SGO members needed to help hand out $wag.
    • We will be handing out cards (going around right now) stuffed with pins and gift mugs as well. Planning to purchase mugs with graduate funds this Saturday.
  • Student reimbursement
    • Were considering a tiered system of in-state, out of state and international $$ limits last time. Allison, come up with anything for amounts?
      • Keep the current system for now, will bring it up again next year
    • Funding info sesh next fall? Will meet sometime over the summer to plan that.
  • Reaching out to online MLIS students – Tasha
    • Reach out to online programs and put messages in newsletter
    • Something through MLA? Look at conference information.
    • Put ad on MLA website for St. Kate’s ALA?
  • Student groups update
    • ALA – Tasha McLachlan
      • Informal get-together May 15 @ 3:00pm at the Sea Salt Eatery. Open to everyone!
      • New Chair is Chayse!
    • SLA – Samantha Stepp
      • Information Professional Panel last Saturday. Went well! Recorded so hopefully can be shown to intro and special libraries classes.
      • Got one applicant that I know of for scholarship. Will be perhaps not tying the funds to conference attendance next year.
      • Still looking for a President and Vice President, so email stkatesla@gmail.com if interested!
    • SAA – Kristell Benson
      • Costume party on the 14th (details on the MLIS blog and in the newsletter).
    • PLG – Edwin Schenk
  • Committee updates (no updates)
    • Faculty Development – Antonio Backman
    • Student Services – Wendy Dickman
    • Facilities – Kristell Benson
    • Curriculum – Deb Eschweiler
      • Student Curriculum Committee met with faculty. Notes from that meeting were emailed out to all students. Hopefully it got some things cleared up.
    • Program – Allison Current
  • GSAB update – Allison Current, Deb Eschweiler, Janis Shearer
  • Open forum – what do you want to talk about? Anything we want student reps to tell committees?
  • Questions? Comments?

Meeting Minutes 4/6/16

SGO Meeting Minutes

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

  • Welcome/Introductions
  • Funding Approvals
  • Treasury update – Allison Current
    • $9,826.41 → $10,284.41
  • Student reimbursement
    • $600 over three years instead of just $200 per year? Discuss.
    • Keep at $200 per year – simpler, more financially viable and encourages students to spread out their professional development activities.
    • Decided to raise amounts per year instead, have 3-tier system of in-state, out of state and international $$ limits.
    • Allison will research exact amounts and suggest at next meeting.
  • Elections
    • Chair, Treasurer and Communications Officer positions open for the 2016-2017 school year.
    • Schedule
      • April 5 – 19: Nominations
      • April 19 – May 2: Voting
      • May 3: Winners announced
    • Students are encouraged to nominate themselves! Send an email to lissgo@gmail.com with your nomination. Voting will take place via an emailed survey to all students.
  • Student Curriculum Committee met March 19th
    • Minutes here.
    • Came up with various issues, solutions and questions we have regarding the curriculum in this program.
    • Central conflict: not enough students to conduct a variety of classes, but need a variety of classes to attract students.
    • Will meet with Faculty Committee on April 18 at 4:00pm in CdC 5 to discuss possible solutions/come to an agreement.
    • Meeting comments:
      • What are other LIS programs doing? Are they having similar problems?
      • Combine similar classes?
  • Course enrollment survey
    • Meant to narrow down course offerings to what students actually intent to take, warn students in advance of possibly cancelling courses.
  • Student groups update
    • ALA – Tasha McLachlan
      • Elections for Chair, Secretary open now. Email tcmclachlan@stkate.edu with your nominations (including yourself).
      • Panel event coming up: LIS Services For Adoptive Families – Friday, April 15th @ 7:00pm in Mendel 106
      • Last formal meeting of the semester on April 19th in CdC 5 @ 5:00pm
      • Informal meeting at Sea Salt Eatery in May yummmmm
    • SLA – Samantha Stepp
      • Got additional funds for SLA Scholarship, hopefully somebody applies
      • Elections too
      • Information Professional Panel 2: April 30th @ 12:00pm
    • SAA – Kristell Benson
      • “Turn a New Page” April 4 (last night). Had professionals look at resumes and cover letters and give good advice.
      • Cataloging pizza party was fun and interesting
      • Monday, April 11 is next meeting, “Preserve Your Sanity” Happy Hour is at 7:00pm at Tiffany’s on Ford Pkwy
    • PLG – Edwin Schenk
      • Re: Cataloging and Pizza Party, got ~75 books cataloged
      • Will need positions filled for next year
  • Committee updates (no updates)
    • Faculty Development – Antonio Backman
    • Student Services – Wendy Dickman
    • Facilities – Kristell Benson
    • Curriculum – Deb Eschweiler
      • See Student curriculum committee stuff
    • Program – Allison Current
      • Working on the website, nobody seems to have an answer. Lots of documents lost when went to the new website.
      • Doing interviews for both Office Manager and IT Support Specialist
      • Tuition went up to $886 – had asked for a long time not to raise it and succeeded
      • 8-10 summer admits!
  • GSAB update – Allison Current, Deb Eschweiler, Janis Shearer
    • No meeting in March
  • Open forum – what do you want to talk about? Anything we want student reps to tell committees?
  • Questions? Comments?

 

Meeting Minutes 3/1/16

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Conference call-in option: 641-715-3580 with access code 358-995

  • Welcome/Introductions
  • Funding Approvals
  • Treasury update – Allison Current
    • $10,141.41 → $9,826.41
  • Student Curriculum Committee created – will meet March 19th to discuss curriculum issues and formulate some stances.
    • Samantha Stepp
    • Liz Bastyr
    • Deb Eschweiler
    • Kristin Hall
    • Heather Carroll
    • Amber Yares
  • New Student Facebook and LinkedIn Groups
    • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/stkatecirculation/
      • 81 members right now
    • LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8478402
      • 14 members right now
    • Student Kristin Hall has created these wonderful forums for St. Kate MLIS students to communicate. Check them out! They are both closed groups to allow student discussion of whatever topics we wish away from the prying eyes of faculty or administration. Simply request to be added and you will!
    • Good for job postings, chatting about program stuff and general library stuff. Professional networking. Hoping to expand. The more people we have, the better networking opportunities we’ll have.
  • Student showcase at the MLIS Summit
    • Kristin Hall (knhall@stkate.edu) is organizing and is looking for help! Email her if you’re interested or if you have some work you’d like to put on display.
    • Mini-conference for students looking to show off their work to LIS professionals and St. Kate’s alums in the Twin Cities.
    • Provides peer-review experience, presentation experience, professional networking experience for students who can’t make it to conferences.
  • Still looking for a student to sit on the IT Coordinator hiring committee.
  • Student groups update
    • ALA – Tasha McLachlan
      • Young Adult author panel at the Highland Park Library Saturday, March 12th at 1:00pm. Donuts!!!!!1
      • Next meeting is March 15th @ 5:00 in CdC 5
    • SLA – Samantha Stepp
    • SAA – Kristell Benson
      • Meeting on Monday
      • Opportunity to tour Target Archives Friday March 11th at noon. If interested, email Jessica Faucher or Kristell.
    • PLG – Edwin Schenk
      • Party at East Side Freedom Library on the 21st. Pizza and pop!
  • Committee updates (no updates)
    • Faculty Development – Antonio Backman
    • Student Services – Wendy Dickman
    • Facilities – Kristell Benson
    • Curriculum – Deb Eschweiler
    • Program – Allison Current
  • GSAB update – Allison Current, Deb Eschweiler, Janis Shearer
    • Talked about gift shop/bookstore and cafeteria concerns (hours)
    • Alumnae/i relations did a presentation – events, workshops, etc.
  • Open forum – what do you want to talk about? Anything we want student reps to tell committees?
  • Tasha was looking through the old ALA Google Drive and there was nothing on ALA’s inclusion in the summit.
  • Questions? Comments?

Meeting Minutes 2/09/16

SGO Meeting Minutes

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Conference call-in option: 641-715-3580 with access code 358-995

 

  • Welcome/Introductions
  • Funding Approvals
  • Treasury update – Allison Current
    • $11,045.90 → $10,141.41
  • Student group stipend discussion
    • Do we have enough? Or should we save it all for individual students?
    • Decided to keep with the old system, but student groups can ask for money ahead of time instead of getting reimbursed
    • IFLA counts as an international conference even though it’s in Ohio.
  • Greater collaboration with program
    • As SGO, it’s our responsibility to aid communication between students and the program at large. Advised committee reps to take on a more proactive role.
    • Kids in class
      • Will put a detailed blurb about Access and Success program in next newsletter – have many resources for graduate students with children.
      • Open forum – questions? concerns?
    • Curriculum
      • Forming a task force to lay out issues/changes we want to see, bring to the faculty curriculum committee
      • Send around sign-up
    • Student voices
      • Create SGO Facebook page for student-to-student discussion about the program in general
  • New electronic funding form launched!
    • Linked in first newsletter
    • Link also available on “Get Funding” page of the SGO blog
  • Student groups update
    • ALA – Tasha McLachlan
      • First meeting is 16th @ 5:00 in CdC 5
      • Nancy Sims coming on the 22nd to talk about copyright
    • SLA – Samantha Stepp
      • Toured Walker Art Center Library on January 28th
      • First meeting last Thursday
      • Information Professional Panel coming up Monday, Feb 29th
    • SAA – Kristell Benson
      • First meeting last night
      • SGO Liaison now an official officer position
      • VP is now Sara Butterfass
      • Fundraising committee looking into ways to fundraise
        • Smashburger has percentage of sales-type fundraiser
        • Bowling alley nearby also has several options
      • Annual report a success
      • PLG came by and talked about what they are doing with East Side Freedom Library project
      • Looking at doing a tour of the Target archives in March
      • Cover letter writing and resume practice for archival positions/library positions in general
      • Couple of outreach projects in the works with Minnesota State Law Library, War Road, and WARM
      • Next meeting March 14th
    • PLG – Edwin Schenk
      • East Side Freedom Library project
      • Partnering with some Asian student groups (contact spark@stkate.edu)
      • Hmong archives event happening tomorrow 5-9
      • Tour on the 15th at the Freedom Library, showing a movie at 7 after
  • Committee updates
    • Faculty Development – Antonio Backman
      • No meetings yet
      • Often talk about research in faculty development meetings
    • Student Services – Wendy Dickman
      • Scholarships are a thing, check out the web page
      • Wendy will email Sam highlights
    • Facilities – Kristell Benson
      • We got new stuff! Standing desks, floor outlets, new carpet, new paint, new layouts.
    • Curriculum – Deb Eschweiler
      • New enrollment minimums causing classes to be cancelled (due to low enrollment in the program)
      • How can students have a stronger voice?
      • Many stakeholders – faculty, administration, students
      • Students forming committee to discuss curriculum issues and what changes we want to see – see bullet point above
      • ALA requires certain courses to be taught on at least a two-year rotation
      • Should enrollment caps be a percentage of the total students in the program rather than a hard number?
    • Program – Allison Current (Samantha Stepp)
      • Access & Success came and explained services – list of babysitters and child-friendly study room
        • Have baseline policy of no children but faculty can deviate from that
      • Discussion about portfolios & intent to graduate
        • students don’t know what to do, need to standardize portfolio requirements, put dates on advising form
      • Searching for replacements for Laura (Office Manager) and Nick (IT Support Coordinator)
        • Want a student to sit on Nick’s hiring committee – email SGO if interested!
  • GSAB update – Allison Current
    • Need one more liaison for this
  • Open forum – what do you want to talk about? Anything we want student reps to tell committees?
  • Questions? Comments?

Meeting Minutes 12/03/15

SGO Meeting Minutes

Thursday, December 3, 2015

  • Welcome/Introductions
  • Tues/Thurs Meetings Discussion?
  • Funding approvals
    • – 1 student approved
  • Treasury update – Allison Current
    • $12,288.55 → $11,045.90
  • Student groups update
    • ALA – Tasha McLachlan
      • Met with Outreach Coordinator at St. Kate’s Library for an author event, want to get an international author
      • Antonio working on a project with Highland Park Library
        • Teen Spring Writing Contest!
        • Have one month to write up a short story, get entered into a drawing
        • Have a route to fund the scholarships for the contest
        • March 12th for contest and event
        • Have an author event too, have teens read out their short stories
    • SLA – Samantha Stepp
      • Information Professionals Panel this past Monday got cancelled, probably moving to Feb 29th.
      • SLA-MN Holiday Party and Silent Auction next Monday – got 20-25 gifts
      • Last meeting Dec. 17th, mostly wrapping up.
    • SAA – Kristell Benson
      • Social hour Dec 14th at Golden’s Deli in St. Paul – EVERYONE invited!
      • Electing new Media Relations Officer and Vice President
      • Fundraising committee looking into new means of raising funds, presenting at January meeting.
      • MN Supreme Court HIstorical Society wants SAA to work on a small project.
      • Warroad wants SAA to work on a project, too.
      • Annual Report due December 31st – sent to SAA National.
    • PLG – Edwin Schenk
      • Things are happening
      • Found someone to be Mailing Officer
      • Partnered with the East Side Freedom Library – hoping to build a library that is a collection of different immigrant communities in the area – zines, etc.
        • Need people with knowledge of Apache and Lynux for building a libguide and catalog
        • Going to host Peter and Bruce for a panel discussion in February to get the word out about the East Side Freedom Library
      • Hosting a PLG Reception in the spring for regional PLG members @ the East Side Freedom Library
  • Committee updates
    • Faculty Development – Antonio Backman
    • Student Services – Wendy Dickman
      • Making sure the student handbook is up-to-date
      • Planning for the next group of entering students
      • New student orientation Jan. 3rd
      • Getting word out about accreditation, could use help from SGO
    • Facilities – Kristell Benson
      • Classroom renovation in CdC 19
        • Will have cart with computers for people to use, maybe Chromebooks
      • Putting floor chargers in CdC 5! No more death by dripping over an electrical cord.
      • Talked about CdC 17 improvement
    • Curriculum – Deb Eschweiler
      • Curriculum Committee has taken over faculty meetings to revise student learning outcomes
    • Program – Allison Current
  • GSAB update – Samantha Stepp
    • Next February the graduate school is putting on two SWEET sounding programs for students’ professional development. The first is a StrengthsQuest session on Wednesday, February 10th from 5:00pm-6:30pm. The second is Salary Negotiation and LinkedIn Success Strategies on Wednesday, February 25th from 5:00pm-6:00pm. Stay tuned for details on locations and how to register.
    • Talk from St. Kate’s Access and Success. Bringing kids to class isn’t unheard of in other programs.
    • Talk from St. Catherine Experience.
  • Reimbursement process
    • How much should we give to student groups?
    • New electronic form launch date
  • December Graduate Reception is Monday, December 21 (time and location TBA). We are responsible for handing out cards and pins and a gift (if we want) to each graduate. GSAB offers a $10 stipend for gifts for graduates so we can take advantage of that, too and get them a nice mug or something from the bookstore.
  • Next semester meeting dates/times
    • First Tuesday of every month, second week of February.
  • Questions? Comments?

Meeting Minutes 11/04/15

SGO Meeting Minutes

Thursday, November 5, 2015

  • Welcome/Introductions
  • Funding approvals
  • Treasury update – Allison Current
    • $10,465.55 →
  • Student groups update
    • ALA – Tasha McLachlan
      • Workshop on copyright in the spring
      • Meeting with St. Kate’s Library outreach group – spring author event.
        • Need affordable, cool authors w/ mass appeal
      • Working with Highland Park Library next spring
    • SLA – Samantha Stepp
      • Information Professionals Panel: Monday, November 30 @ 6:00pm in CdC 20
      • SLA-MN Holiday Party Silent Auction: Monday, December 7 @ 5:30pm @ HGA Architects and Engineers
      • Likely touring Walker art library next January or February
    • SAA – Kristell Benson
      • Just put on an archivists panel – went really well
      • Happy hour in November – Monday, November 13th
      • Fundraising committee working on different ideas
    • PLG – Edwin Schenk
      • Had first meeting a couple weeks ago – good turnout, 10 people
      • Two positions filled – little free librarians
      • Manage national PLG membership database, and mailing of Progressive Librarian
      • PLG thinking of switching to digital publication
      • Want to reach out to East Side Freedom Library for a project
        • Preserves cultural history of neighborhood
        • Help them implement an ILS
  • Committee updates
    • Faculty Development – Antonio Backman
      • Busy planning the theme and logistics for the MLIS Adjunct dinner, an event where faculty are invited to meet their wonderful adjunct colleagues and to thank them.
      • The dinner activity is a book club event where the central issue is social justice.
      • The Dean of the program will do a short accreditation session prior to the activities.
    • Student Services – NEEDED
      • Wendy Dickman volunteered!
    • Facilities – Kristell Benson
      • CdC 19 getting redone HALLELUJIAH
      • There will be tables in the middle of the room and computers around the edge
      • New cart with portable electronics for studetn use (don’t know if Apple or PC)
      • Will get done during break
      • Also trying to do something with CdC 5 – add outlets for charging devices
      • Will do a survey in the spring
    • Curriculum – Deb Eschweiler
      • ALA has updated accreditation standards and we are revising our Student Learning Outcomes to meet them
      • 12 SLOs right now, hard to work them into classes – reduce and define
      • Getting re-accredited in 2017.
    • Program – Allison Current
      • Faculty update each other on what they’re doing and what students are doing
      • Talked about admissions and marketing, how to improve
      • Talked about Sister Andrea leaving
      • Sarah Park Dahlen talked about collapsing ALA and SGO
  • MLIS Advisory Council update – Samantha Stepp
    • No more classes with less than 8 participants😦
    • Classroom renovations!
      • Mixed desktop computers and open seating
      • Move electrical outlets to center of room (in CdC 20?)
    • Partnering with St. Kate’s Library
      • Possible graduate assistantships, fellowships, practicum opportunities
    • Over next two years, will be updating Student Learning Outcomes and curriculum based on:
      • Better preparing students for the professional world
      • Determining what’s unique about St. Kate’s MLIS Program and building courses around that
  • GSAB update – Samantha Stepp
    • O’Neill Center now offers writing help specifically directed at graduate students, both online and in person. Check them out in Kateway in the Campus Resources tab under “Get academic support.”
  • Reimbursement process – how can we make it more clear and less complicated?
    • Preview new funding page and form.
    • Changes:
      • New funding distributions:
        • ½ of program semester stipend will be reserved for students and groups applying for funding
        • ½ will be distributed evenly among the 4 student groups
        • As always, the ~$10,000 in our account is available to be applied for by both students and student groups
      • Got rid of requirement to present on conference (but funding recipients are still encouraged to write a blog post for the SGO blog!).
      • We now have an electronic form! Students will fill it out and attach it along with receipts to an email to SGO. Physical receipts still need to be placed in the SGO mailbox, however.
    • Demonstrate new form.
      • A member of SGO will print all current form answers and bring them to the meeting for approval.
    • New reimbursement process will go live next February.
  • Questions? Comments?

Meeting Minutes 10/01/15

SGO Meeting Minutes 10.1.15

  • Welcome/Introductions
  • Funding approvals
    • Student – $190 for Archivist’s Conference
      • Not approved – need original receipts and correct form
    • Student – $200 for ITEM
      • Not approved – need original receipts
  • Treasury update
    • $10,465.55
  • Student groups update
    • ALA – Tasha McLachlan
      • Partering with other student groups, meeting withe the St. Kate’s Library, author events coming up with Addendum Bookstore
      • Thursday, Nov 19th – kid lit panel w/ Addendum Bookstore
      • Fun little get-together at Chatterbox. Saturday, October 17 @ 6:00
    • SLA – Samatha Stepp
      • Panel of professionals, tour a special library, collaborate with MN-SLA more, run silent auction at the MN-SLA holiday party
    • SAA – Jessica Faucher
      • BIG group this year, lots of newcomers
      • Had a tour last week
      • Doing an archives panel 101; bringin in corporate, museum, local archivists, day-to-day lives in the archivist’s profession – Oct 26
      • Will have events in November & December
      • Happy hour in November; Archivist speed dating in December partnering with TCART
      • Very focused on fundraising efforts this semester, looking at various policies surrounding that
    • PLG – Elizabeth Bastyr
      • Edwin Schenk is trying to set up meetings
      • Email Elizabeth Bastyr or Kelsey Lied if interested
  • GSAB update – Samantha Stepp
    • No more December graduation
    • Leadership panel – email Brigette Marty if know a library leader that would be good
  • Reimbursement process – how can we make it more clear and less complicated?
    • Should we really have the requirement to present on a conference? Should be optional.
    • Should SGO give $$ to each individual student org every year?
      • Benefit is they can pay directly from those accounts – SGO is only reimbursement
    • Lay out the different types of reimbursement, process for each
      • Student professional development
      • Faculty
      • Student org
      • Other types
    • Revising the reimbursement process task force:
      • Tasha McLachlan
      • Allison Current
      • Samantha Stepp
      • Jessica Faucher
      • Deb Eschweiler
  • Other faculty committee representatives – how will SGO be involved? Will reps attend SGO meetings and report to SGO?
    • Faculty Development – Antonio Backman
    • Student Services
    • Facilities
    • Curriculum – Deb Eschweiler
  • Plan to increase student involvement – good turnout today!
  • Questions? Comments?